Sunday 13 September 2009

Quick Pepperoni Spaghetti

My flatmate and I came back from the second last night of the Proms, and he decided to have a quick evening snack. I wanted to join him, but I didn't have anything convenient to whip out in a short amount of time. Then I remembered that I had this can lying around.

I bought this originally because I wanted to incorporate this in an article, although I wasn't sure exactly what I would cook with this. Turns out, the tomato sauce used in this was the same kind used for baked beans. The British happen to like having baked beans on toast from time to time, and this canned spaghetti is sometimes used as an alternative.

Since I just came back from Sainsbury's, I happened to have the Spicy Pepperoni on hand to add as garnishing. This was supposed to be used for my pizza, but there is plenty of pepperoni in this one packet. The only problem is that it is sliced thicker than the regular pepperoni, and its taste is slightly waxier, akin to the British pork sausage snack Peperami.


Preparation was simple. Put pepperoni in spaghetti, add herbs and pepper, microwave for four minutes. Done. Results tasted horrible though. The only consolation I had was that I don't have to worry about getting rid of the canned spaghetti anymore.




























DescriptionPrice per UnitNo. of servingsTrade-up PremiumTrade-up Benefits
Canned Spaghetti in Tomato Sauce£0.141+£0.17More spaghetti, better sauce. Skip both and use pasta sauce.
Pepperoni£1.29100g+£0.71Thinner pepperoni slices made in Italy with better texture. Recommended.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...