Monday 12 July 2010

Quick Cheese Salad

My mother reminds me on a regular basis to take my servings of fruit and vegetables every day, and I must admit, doing so has been a challenge, since I am not particularly fond of them. As such, I occasionally resort to various methods to make the experience of eating vegetables and fruits that much less unpleasant.

Today while waiting for my chicken kiev to cook in the oven, I thought I would take the opportunity to make a quick Basics salad using the leftover Basics shredded cheese in the fridge and the Basics young leaf salad I bought two days before to appease my guilty conscience (and my mother). I cannot add too much cheese however, or the salad might end up containing more saturated fat than an avocado.

On the other hand, I didn't want to end up eating bland salad, so it was a good thing that I bought Sainsbury's Basics French Dressing. Unfortunately, while the dressing was significantly tangy, I personally felt that there wasn't much else going for it in the flavour department.

With the recent spate of weather and subsequent outdoor activities though, this French Dressing might come in handy when bulk-catering salad, to complement your barbecue. Besides, barbecued sausages, burgers and chicken wings are probably so strongly flavoured that people might not notice the lighter flavoured dressing. They might even appreciate the contrast, who knows.

DescriptionPrice per UnitNo. of servingsTrade-up PremiumTrade-up Benefits
French Dressing£0.70250ml+£0.18More oil, better tasting dressing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...