Thursday 1 April 2010

Chocolate Mousse

I was originally planning to do a post on the Sainsbury's Basics sausages, but was put off and scared away by how awful they looked and tasted. In addition, a fair number of people in the UK are taking working leave in the run up to the Easter weekend, and for myself, this break is a bit too enjoyable and important for me to ruin with a traumatic experience. Thus, I seek refuge in the simple things.
If memory serves, the last I had this was at university. A hallmate of mine had a fondness for Cadbury's chocolate mousse, and having seen him always end a day with the dessert several times, I realised that I wanted to do the same too. The problem was that Cadbury's mousse cost 99p for a pack of 3 back then (it is now the same price for a pack of 4 55g pots). Thankfully, there were cheaper alternatives. At 25p per pack, I could afford to have dessert too, which brought about a generally better quality of life despite the tight budget that I was on.

The mousse itself is significantly airier than the more upmarket offerings that are available, but given that it is so cheap, one would probably not feel so guilty about having a second pot if the first proved insufficient. The chocolate content appears to be lower as well, but any resultant difference in taste was barely noticeable. Overall, I feel that this is a good investment, and would greatly benefit the scores of university students looking for a morale booster while preparing for the exams in summer.

DescriptionPrice per UnitNo. of servingsTrade-up PremiumTrade-up Benefits
Chocolate Mousse£0.254 x 62.5g+£0.54 for 6 x 62.5gHigher chocolate content

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...