Thursday 1 October 2009

Orange Juice Taste Test

As we near the start of term at my former alma mater, I thought I should push out a few more posts which would deal with items that you may commonly use. I drank a lot of orange juice over the course of my time at university, in order to maintain my intake of Vitamin C, so that my family back home wouldn't have to worry about my health, given my aversion to fruit in general. Despite being a regular purchaser of Basics products however, I strangely never touched the Basics Orange Juice. Now that I maintain this blog though, it is about time that I put it to the taste test against its regular counterpart.

The taste test is simple: get the flatmates to pour the two cartons of juice into two separate but identical cups while I am not looking. Sample both and determine which one is better. Repeat with more people if necessary, see below.

We actually found the two orange juice to be very similar to each other; however if we were pressured to choose, we would actually go for the Basics one, as it was just that little bit less acidic in taste. The regular one does have higher vitamin C content though, and you can also choose to have either the smooth juice or the one with pips as shown in the photos. The Basics one on the other hand only comes in smooth.


















DescriptionPrice per UnitNo. of servingsTrade-up PremiumTrade-up Benefits
Orange Juice£0.561L+£0.19Higher Vit C content, choice between smooth juice and juice with pips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...